If you are looking for buying a new computer then this article might be helpful for you. In this article, we’ll be going to discuss What is a Google Chromebook & if you are going to buy then what are the pros and cons of a Chromebook. So without any further ado, let’s get started!
What is a Google Chromebook
Why are Chromebooks getting popular?
What are the pros and cons of buying a Chromebook?
Advantages of Chromebook
- The advantage is that they are not susceptible to viruses. If you got one then a simple reboot can remove that
- Chromebook is very budget-friendly, their range starts from $200 & in the sale you can get even on more discount.
- No more pop-up to update like a window so in silent updates they will take care of themselves.
- Ideal for traveling due to the lightweight.
- Most of your documents are going to be stored on the cloud so they can be accessed from any pc by the internet.
- Good security thanks to Google’s 2-step verification security.
- They also have internal storage in case you don’t have the access to the internet.
- They provide easy to step up parental control so that you can watch over your underage children
- If you are already using Windows & macOS then it’ll be easy for you to get your hands on it.
- There are guest accounts & they can’t access your personal files as a guest.
- You will get good battery life as some Chromebooks offer a battery of about 11-12 hours of battery life.
- You will get good performance overall as ChromeOS is lightweight.
- The Chromebook generally boot under 10 seconds of time.
Disadvantages of Chromebook
- As most documents are saved in the cloud, so you always need the internet to access them.
- you can’t use other apps than the Google-approved apps.
- Chromebooks mostly do not have an optical drive.
- Unlike regular laptops, there is no way of connecting a Chromebook to a printer. Chromebooks make use of Google’s Cloud print technology to get your work printed on a printer.
- In the Chromebook, you can’t do the gaming.
- you can’t use software like MS Word, Photoshop & any video editor.
This is all for today’s topic What is a Google Chromebook, I think this article helped you in deciding whether to buy a Chromebook or not. If you still confused then let us know in a comment section we’ll try to solve your problem in the next article.