Looking for ways How to check if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp. Here’s an official guide by WhatsApp itself.
The Whatsapp messaging app does not alert users when they get blocked by someone due to privacy reasons.
In recently Whatsapp has shared few indicators that can help the user know if they have been blocked by their contacts. However, keep in mind that these indicators don’t guarantee that a contact may have blocked you.
First, it’s worth considering why you’ve been blocked.
If you’ve been harassing or abusing someone, you should stop trying to contact that person.
It might also be a hint that you’re just annoying on WhatsApp, so maybe try to clean up your act.
How to check if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp
There are a couple of indicators that you may be blocked:
1. Checking for profile photo
The first step to know whether someone has blocked you on WhatsApp or not is to view their profile picture. You will not see any updates to the person’s profile picture. The display picture would not visible to you.
It could also be possible that a person has removed their profile photo.
2. Check the contact’s last seen
The last seen is a feature that shows up the last time the user was online. If someone blocks you on WhatsApp then you can no longer see the last seen of that person.
However, WhatsApp also gives the feature to hide your last seen.
3. Calling the contact
Any calls you attempt to place will not go through. You will only see a Calling message when you’re placing the call.
However, if a person does not have an internet connection then you’ll get the same thing.
4. Creating a group on WhatsApp
To check if you Being blocked by someone then create a WhatsApp group with a person that you suspect may have blocked you. Going through the process of making the group will result in only you in that group.
5. Sending a message to the contact
If you try to send a message to a contact who has blocked you will always show one check mark (message sent), and never show a second check mark (message delivered).
“If you see all of the indicators above for a contact, this could mean that the user is blocking you. However, there are other possibilities. We have made this intentionally ambiguous in order to protect your privacy when you block someone. Thus, we cannot tell you if you are being blocked by someone else,” WhatsApp said.
WhatsApp – a quick history
Here’s what you need to know about WhatsApp:
- WhatsApp was created in 2009 by computer programmers Brian Acton and Jan Koum – former employees of Yahoo
- It’s one of the most popular messaging services in the world
- Koum came up with the name WhatsApp because it sounded like “what’s up”
- After a number of tweaks, the app was released with a messaging component in June 2009, with 250,000 active users
- It was originally free but switched to a paid service to avoid growing too fast. Then in 2016, it became free again for all users
- Facebook bought WhatsApp Inc in February 2014 for $19.3billion.
- The app is particularly popular because all messages are encrypted during transit, shutting out snoopers
- As of 2020, WhatsApp has over 2billion users globally
WhatsApp shared these tips to find out if you have been blocked by someone on the app. I hope you find it helpful.
For more tips & tricks related to WhatsApp, You can join our Telegram Channel –NixLoop to get Notify on our future updates.