If you are looking for How to get a refund on Cash App if scammed, then you have just reached the right place. Follow the guide given below.
A guy asked me for help on our Twitter page, he told that “I got scammed on Cash App what do I do”. It was his parent’s money so he was pretty scared. After his request, I research a lot and find some working methods by which you can get a refund on a Cash App.
How To Get Money Back on Cash App If Scammed
Method 1: Cancel Cash App payment
Transaction on the cash app pretty much happened instantly. But there are some cases where you get payment showing pending status. So in that case scenario, You can Get a Refund on Pending Transactions. For this, all you need to do is simply cancel the payment, which we discussed in the last article in a very detailed process.
Here is:- How to cancel Cash App payment
Method 2: Request a Refund on Cash App
1) In the first step open the Cash App & tap on the Recent activity Icon at the top right side.
2) Now here you’ll get the list of all recent transactions you have done on the Cash App, so tap on the transaction that you want to Refund.
3) Here tap on the Request button.
4) Now write your issue & then enter your amount, below that tap on the Request button at the bottom.
5) then you’ll get a message on the screen that your refund request is sent.
Now accepting & rejecting is totally in the hand of the receiver. This will work if you send payment by mistake to a genuine person. But in the case of scammers, they will just ignore your request.
This “Requesting a refund” is the first course of action on the Cash App to your money back once your transaction got completed. After that If you don’t receive your money back within 10 days, then you should escalate the issue by disputing the transaction.
Method 3: Report a Scam to Cash App and Dispute the Transaction
Here is how you can report a scam to the cash app and raise a dispute for that transaction.
- In the first step open the Cash App & tap on the Recent activity Icon at the top right side.
- Now here you’ll get the list of all recent transactions you have done on the Cash App, so tap on the transaction that you want to Refund.
- Then tap on the 3 dots on the upper right side.
- Next, Tap on the “Need Help & Cash App Support” option & then Tap “Dispute Transaction.”
- Fill out all fields by answering all questions to complete the dispute request.
After you file the dispute, the Cash App team will investigate your claim. In many cases, the Cash App sends the claim to the Visa network for further investigation. Visa contacts the person on the other side of the transaction to request evidence of the promised product or service and the actual product or service provided.
After a thorough investigation, Visa will determine whether the transaction was a legitimate payment for products or services. If Visa finds that the user didn’t receive the promised product or service, Cash App will issue a full refund to the user’s account.
Wrap up:- Get a refund on Cash App
The process is a bit lengthy, & it can take some time depending on your case. But in the end Cash App will refund your money if I get scammed. I hope it helps you.
If you have any issues, feel free to ask in the comment section or on our Twitter page.
- How To Send Bitcoin From Cash App To Crypto.com
- How to send bitcoin from cash app to Coinbase wallet
- How to transfer bitcoin from crypto.com to cash app