If you are looking for which is the best media player for your Windows 11 PC then here are the 10 Best Media Players for Windows 11 You Can Use.
In the age of online streaming platforms, the popularity of media players is decreasing day by day. But if you want to enjoy your favorite movie offline then it’ll not be possible without media players.
The media players play a very important role in the video viewing experience. So it’s important to choose a good media Player for your window 11.
To ease your process we handpicked some Top Video/Media Players, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software. So so without further ado let’s get started.
Also Read:- How to Check If Your PC Can Run Windows 11
10 Best Media Players for Windows 11 You Can Use (2021)
1. VLC Media Player
The first Media player on our list is the VLC media player. This is an open-source, cross-platform multimedia player. This tool can play most multimedia files as well as Audio CDs, VCDs, and DVDs. It can be used to view 360-degree videos up to 8K resolution. It is one of the best media players for Windows 11 that supports a wide range of video compression methods.
Pros of VLC Media Player:
- Users can play any video files from discs, streams, and webcams.
- Free and open-source
- It supports MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MKV, WebM, and more.
- This tool offers a video filtration facility to operate on stream.
- It does not contain spyware, ads, or user tracking.
- VLC player can decode video (the process of managing the processing of video) faster.
- Widely used and trusted
Cons of VLC Media Player
- UI isn’t refreshing
Platforms supported by VLC Media Player: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
VLC media player download for windows 11: https://www.videolan.org/index.html
MPV player is another powerful media player for Windows 11. It is a free and open-source application released under GNU (General Public License). This tool supports MPV and MPEG-2 video formats.
MPV is wildly popular among Linux users, its Windows version isn’t too bad either. MPV is also known for its wide range of support for formats. Users have lots of choices of audio and video effects, which makes sure that they don’t have a dearth of any feature or support.
Also Read:- Where is the refresh button on Windows 11
Pros of MPV:
- Users can play high-quality videos.
- It is a lightweight software that requires minimal system resources.
- This has a controller to manage the speed of the video.
- Free and open-source
- Minimal interface
- Powerful customization features
- This media player for PC can quickly open any clip.
Cons of MPV:
- Too basic before customizing
Platforms supported by MPV: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Download MPV Player for Windows 11: https://mpv.io/
Kakao Corp’s PotPlayer is an option you can consider if you’re looking for a powerful media player for Windows 11.PotPlayer is a feature-rich video player program that can virtually play any file. It offers basic customization functionality and many customization options. Users can use this software to play 360 degrees, and 3D video.
Pros of PotPlayer:
- You can easily manage your videos.
- This 3D video player offers smooth video play.
- You can preview the scene with snapshots.
- This Windows 11 video player allows you to choose soundcards.
- PotPlayer helps you to bookmark the scene.
- Supports devices like DVD, HDTV, and TV.
Cons of PotPlayer:
- No Blu-ray support
Platforms supported by PotPlayer: Windows.
Download Potplayer for windows 11: https://potplayer.daum.net/
Kodi is free to use a player that is specially designed to play movies. This app offers an interactive full-screen interface. It is one of the best video players for windows 11 that supports a wide variety of media formats like MIDI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4.
Kodi’s full potential lies in addons. Using add-ons, you can enhance the capabilities of the application.
Pros of Kodi:
- It can be run on wide verities of devices, including desktop PC, Mobile, tablet, etc.
- Users can play media files from the network and your PC.
- Free and open-source
- This Windows 11 video player app can import, browse and play collections of movies with ease.
- It enables you to change the appearance of the player completely.
- Supports popular media formats
- This tool offers a TV shows library that supports seasons and episodes.
Cons of Kodi:
- UI may get overwhelming for new users
Platforms supported by PotPlayer: Windows, Linux, Mac, RasberryPi, Android, and iOS.
Download Kodi for Windows 11: https://kodi.tv/download
DivX video player is a program to play varieties of videos like AVI, MP4, DivX, and MKV. It is one of the best media players for Windows 11 which enables you to play UltraHD 4K resolution video. Users can use this tool to stream videos on DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance).
DivX is a media player that looks simple but packs a ton of features. It calls itself the first of its kind media player that offers free HEVC playback. The free version, however, comes with ads. You need to purchase the $20 premium version to get an ad-free experience along with other features.
Pros of DivX:
- It has a media library that helps you to keep track of all videos.
- You can create a playlist and also loop your playlist.
- A lot of unique features.
- This MP4 player tool enables you to jump your favorite scene.
- DivX enables you to track your private and purchase videos.
- It offers free HEVC (High-Efficiency Video Coding) playback.
Cons of DivX
- Ads in free version
Platforms supported by DivX: Windows.
Divx download for windows 11: https://www.divx.com/en/software/divx/
Apart from the usual 1180p,4K, and 8K videos, you can use 5KPlayer to play 360-degree videos. Moreover, it supports AirPlay and DNLA wireless stream for easily streaming media. 5Kplayer is a software that is used for watching the video as well as managing video collections.
5KPlayer also packs an online radio feature that lets you listen to satellite radio stations. Apart from this, I like that 5KPlayer also comes with handy controls for rotating the screen, taking snapshots, and video recordings in the main player UI.
Pros of 5KPlayer:
- You can play videos downloaded from YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo.
- It enables users to stream MKV, MP4, and 3GP clips.
- Wirelessly play video via AirPlay protocol, DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance).
- This tool is capable of dealing with Ultra High Definition clips.
- Quick access to essential controls.
- Support hardware acceleration (the process of video that requires computer hardware to play it).
- Online radio feature.
Cons of 5KPlayer:
Platforms supported by 5KPlayer: Windows, iOS, and Mac.
5KPlayer download for PC: https://www.5kplayer.com/
7) Media Player Classic-Home Cinema
MPC-HC (Media Player Classic- Home Cinema) is a lightweight, open-source media player. This tool supports all common video file formats that are available for playback. It does not contain any spyware, toolbar, or advertisement.
Pros of Media Player Classic-HC:
- Supported formats are WMA, FLV to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG3, MPEG-4, and DivX.
- This free multimedia player can be used even on your old computer without any hassle.
- Active development.
- You can watch movies on any SSE2 (Streaming SIMD Extensions).
- It helps you to customize the clip the way you want to watch it.
- This software can also be used as a DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) player.
Cons Media Player Classic-HC:
- Outdated interface
Platforms supported by Media Player Classic: Windows.
Download Media Player Classic for Windows 11: https://mpc-hc.org/
8) GOM Player
Another media player worth trying out for windows 11 is the GOM Player. This software supports numerous file formats, including MKV, MPG, FLV, AVI, and many other file formats. It is one of the best video players for PC that helps to view 360 video views (a type of video recording where every direction is recorded using cameras).
If you like GOM Player’s free version, we suggest you get the $15 premium ‘GOM Player Plus’ version for an ad-free experience.
Also Read:- How to Move Windows 11 Start menu to Left side
Pros of GOM Player:
- It has an optimum control panel for playback and video.
- Multiple subtitle support
- Users can play smooth UHD (Ultra High Definition) videos.
- This tool has a user-friendly design.
- You can easily change the skin of this player.
- This media player for PC enables the user to import an entire video playlist with no hassle.
- GOM supports a screencast so that you can connect your PC to the projector and play the video on the large screen.
Cons of GOM Player:
- Too many ads in the free version
Platforms supported by GOM: Windows.
GOM player download for pc windows 11: https://www.gomlab.com/
9) Zoom Player
Zoom player is a flexible media player. It uses smart play technology and media formats to play clips instantly. This tool has a full-screen interface that can be used with five simple keys (up, down, left, right, select).
Pros of Zoom Player:
- It offers a wide range of media libraries.
- This tool can convert any computer into HTPC (Home Entertainment Center).
- Support all latest media formats including, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, FLV, and MOV.
- Zoom Player has a navigation pane that shows a full-screen path to highlight the entry.
- It provides expanded command and control API.
Cons of Zoom Player:
- bugs or issues connected with this player.
Platforms supported by Zoom Player: Windows.
Zoom player download the latest version: https://inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml
10) Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player
Last but not least on our list is Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player. This 3D media player supports various 3D clips using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA2). You can use this app to play MPG, m2TS, MTS, MP4, files.
Pros of Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player:
- This MP4 player app supports WMDS (Windows Media Dual Stream) files.
- It is one of the best media players for Windows PC that enables the user to convert MTS to MP4 and play live playback from camcorder, TV card, etc.
- Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player comes with a built-in video library to store movie settings.
- You can import and export stereoscopic metafiles.
- This 3D movie player for PC provides command-line control (opening player from command prompt) facility.
- Supports GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) acceleration of 3D video.
- You can retrieve videos from stereoscopic servers.
- Playback of other formats supported by DirectShow (multimedia framework).
Cons of Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player:
- MediaLooks logo appears after a few minutes when playing MOV files
Platforms supported by Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player: Windows.
Nvidia 3d vision download windows 11: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/128699/en-us
Wrap up: 10 Best Media Players for Windows 11 You Can Use
So, those are the 10 Best Media Players for Windows 11 You Can Use. Which one of these media players do you use? Let us know in the comments section below.
For more tips & tricks related to Windows 11, You can join our Telegram Channel –NixLoop to get Notify on our future updates.