If you want to set the default app for file type Mac, then here in this article we’ll discuss the steps to do that. After that, you’ll be able to set default apps for any type of file.
When you right-click on the file & click on the Open With option then here you’ll get the Default app to open that file.
Now if you don’t want that app then let’s see how you can set your favorite app as the default app here. In this example, we change the default video player “QuickTime player” to VLC on Mac. so without further ado let’s get started.
Also Read:- How to Erase and Factory Reset your Mac
Steps to set the Default App For Opening a File On a Mac
1) At first right-click on your file & click on the Get Info option.
2) On this page you’ll get different information related to that file, so expand the Open with option & here click on the default app.
3) Now simply select another app that you want to set as the default app for opening that type of file.
4) After selecting your new default app, click on the Change All option at the bottom.
5) And then click on the Continue button.
Now, this type of file will always open up with the newly selected default app. You can perform these steps for any type of file. For example, to change the default browser on Mac, the Default Mail app on Mac, change the default program for PDF, etc.
How do I choose which app opens a file Mac?
If you right-click on the file & tap on the “open with” option then you get different apps, from which you can choose which app opens a file.
How do I set default app to open files?
After right-clicking on the file go to “get info” & under “open with”, you can choose which app you want to set the default app to open files, we have discussed that in detail in this article.
How do I know which app opens a file?
For this right-click on the file & click on the Open With option then here at the top you’ll get the Default app to open that file.
In the end, do consider following us on Twitter –NixLoop to get Notified of our future updates.